Friday, March 4, 2011

Humanity

This year seems to have started out as a test of how resillient I can be. It's only been a week at school and already I feel the mountains towering over me from all sides. School work's a mess, don't know where this case is headed.. Easter camp's coming up real soon and there's still so much uncertainty and hurdles to cross! It's difficult working with people really, not meaning to critisize anyone in particular. It's just the whole humanity of it. We're all entitled to something called pride, which we so often 'idolise'. And then for us Christians, we realise we've once again fallen into the lures of self-righteousness and self-centeredness, and we apologise, repent, wait for the cycle to repeat itself. It's an inherent fear that we battle daily, a self-preserving mechanism that manifests as hesitation. A hesitation that is unecessary for it is written: "My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in your weakness - 2 Corinthians 12:9"



Spirit touch your church - Kim Bollinger

Lord we need your grace and mercy
We need to pray like never before
We need the power of the Holy Spirit
to open heaven's doors

Lord we humbly come before you
We don't derserve of you what we ask
But we yearn to see your glory
Restore this dying land


Spirit touch your church,
Stir the hearts of men
Revive us Lord, with your passion once again
I want to care for others, like Jesus cares for me
Let your rain fall upon me




Conflict is inevitable, but unity is possible - Pr Timon Bengston

No comments:

Post a Comment