Sunday, March 6, 2011

Misunderstood

How important is it really, to be understood? Do the opinions of others really count that much? I guess it does, when 'others' aren't really 'others'. I can lie to myself that it doesn't matter, but like all lies, truth will surface and there will be no place for pretence; this veil that I wear will be uncovered. Yet I guess there is some comfort again, from the bible. Afterall, wasn't Jesus one of the most misunderstood people of all times? Flogged, mocked, spat on by those he loved, those he came to give his life for. Teaching in parables such that those who took what he said at face value and didn't bother to inquire more, couldn't understand. Misunderstood by people because the time wasn't right for him to reveal his true identity and ministry. Radically teaching that we had to eat of (His) flesh and drink of His blood such that a great number of his disciples deserted him?

Yet there is no doubt that what he did, changed history for ever, if history could be spelled as His-story for anyone, it would be Jesus.

"All change happens because of unreasonable (radical) men" - Pr Timon Bengston


I shall not let being misunderstood and slandered stop me from doing what I know is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment